The end of an era...
There are no more plans to release new versions of Gepasi. Version 3.30 should be the
final release (barring discovery of some serious bug in this version).
... and the dawn of a new one
Starting in 2000 we started working with the Kummer group in Heidelberg
on a successor for
Gepasi, named COPASI. This software has been available since
2004 and is now one of the most used software applications for modelling in systems biology.
You should now be using COPASI instead of Gepasi.
COPASI has the following advantages over Gepasi:
- Runs on most used operating systems: Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Capable of carrying out stochastic integrations using a series of different algorithms,
including the famous Gillespie stochastic simulation algorithm.
- Simulations can have discrete events.
- Draws diagrams of the reaction network, and can use them to display results.
- Calculates Lyapunov exponents, cross-sections, and can do time-scale separation
- Calculates generic sensitivity coefficients (beyond MCA analysis).
- Analyses stochastic steady state properties using the linear noise approximation.
- Reads Gepasi files (backwards compatibility).
|Last modified: September 26, 2016
||Copyright © 1996-2016